Fediverse Enhancement Proposals (FEP) index and discussion.
FEPs are maintained in the Codeberg Fediverse-Enhancement-Proposals repository.
To each FEP there, a local topic here is indexed below. Everyone can discuss FEPs here and propose changes in the repository.
A FEP usually follows from a conversation. Once the conversation starts shaping up, it’s time to make a formal submission. Once the newly created FEP is available from the repository, a new topic is created in the #activitypub:fep category by @activitypub.hosts.
Once a FEP is
draft tag is replaced by a
final tag, and the FEP content can be pasted to the first post (retaining the original link to the repository) to be published. The published page will be available at, e.g.,
/pub/fep-a4edc7b-the-fediverse-enhancement-proposal-process, and can be referenced in documentation.
The FEP Process is a living document…
Accepted Fediverse Enhancements
- FEP-400e: Publicly-appendable ActivityPub collections - SocialHub
FEP-8fcf: Followers collection synchronization across servers - SocialHub
Currently under consideration
- FEP-f1d5: NodeInfo in Fediverse Software
- FEP-8c3f: Web Monetization
- FEP-2100: Unbound Group and Organization
- FEP-e232: Object Links
- FEP-5624: Per-object reply control policies
- FEP-1b12: Group federation
- FEP-8b32: Object Integrity Proofs
- FEP-c390: Identity Proofs
No FEP has been withdrawn at this time.