Bonfire and Redaktor introduction & alignment meeting

Thanks for all of your questions and comments.

I’ll try a sortof overview response now and then we can get into details here if you want, or maybe organize a work session. Not sure what “thx this June” means…

1. We have some general directions that interest us: for example, provisioning human and ecological needs, and we would prefer to do that without using money, but don’t know any groups that can do that yet. And we would also like it to not to be transactional: more like from each according to abilities, to each according to needs. But nobody has gotten there yet, either.

I think we’re in a transitional stage where everybody wants to get past or overthrow capitalism but can’t do it yet.

Beyond that, we think it’s a stage for many experiments, and we respond to groups that want to work with us that are doing something that might move in that direction. But we try not to be prescriptive with them. We’re interested in how they see their own experiment.

1. We also want to recognize reproductive work and also think work relationships need to be reorganized and abandon relationships of domination and subordination. We are working on a new project now with https://disco.coop/ who value what they call “care work” which includes reproductive, household, and organizational maintainance, among other things.

2. We run into a lot of cooperatives because they are a known form of organization and are legal in places where an organization needs to interface with governments. But for example, Sensorica, whom we worked with a lot for several years, is not a cooperative, and does not like cooperatives.

Here’s another form that we may work with in the near future: Solawis, which are expanding into community economies: A fractal economy — Economic Networks

(Oops, I mentioned them before (up thread), too. I think I am retelling the same story over and over. Must be getting old…)

Another upcoming project will be based on Maori values, which have a lot of gift economy features. There we might find out more about what needs to be quantified and what doesn’t.

1 Like