I have finally started implementing my ActivityPub relay that is going to allow subscription to hashtags and querying a more or less consistent list of posts of that hashtag.
The current working title for that software is Hash2Pub.
The final goal for that project is to have a component that runs alongside to the main AP server and talks to it using the existing ActivityPub relay mechanism. But all these relay instances build a fully-decentralised DHT infrastructure to manage the assignment, resolution, relaying and storage of posts with a certain hashtag.
As I am doing this implementation for a study research project, the current phase of implementation unfortunately will focus on functionality that is necessary for proper evaluation, simulation and profiling of my architecture.
Give me some feedback!
I’ll be posting about the current state of the implementation, design choices I made and open questions. If you disagree with one of my choices or can provide valuable input to one of these questions, please let me know.
I am implementing the project in Haskell, so if there are experienced Haskell programmers around I may decide to already publish the code and let you take a look at it. (implementation is currently happening in a closed repo as it is interwoven with my real-name study publications. It will be released under AGPL once ready.)