Discuss The Grassroots Fediverse organization structure

4 posts were split to a new topic: Misinterpretations of language?

I think the current framework of “DoOcracy.” works for FediVerse development. No new development needed. The rest is out of my purview.

A “DoOcracy” is described as

We are a DoOcracy. This just means “pick up any task you want, and then steer it to completion”.

at Visionary Ideation: Brainstorm and weave ideas to match a vision - Best-practices - Discuss Social Coding

1 Like

A progress update was posted earlier this week:

Jeff is also on the fediverse now: Jeff Atwood (@codinghorror@infosec.exchange) - Infosec Exchange

2 Likes

Yep, power has to be taken, it will never be given, this is very obvues basic history, and we need to stop being loons on this subject and work on projects to address this, a long-established “native” to this space: Open-Media-Network/openwebgovernancebody: (OGB) This is a space for working through Governance of horizontal projects - using #KISS online tools. - openwebgovernancebody - Open Media Network can we add this to the grassroots side. When you do, you can start to see why it is needed, please try and think on this, thanks #OGB

http://hamishcampbell.com/2023/03/25/the-mess-we-have-made-over-the-last-40-years/ a post on why we keep ending up with this pointless mess.

2 Likes

OK I asked yesterday for some clarification on this proposal but as nothing has happened I edited in some questions, can we address them please in a polite and constructive way.

We have an existing project for this path Open-Media-Network/openwebgovernancebody: (OGB)that has very long discusern threads going back years on his forum working and thinking on “native” #openweb approaches to governance we need to think about what has the ability to keep this space as a vibrant #openweb, we need democratic power to protect what we value. For this to work, we need more than #NGO thinking we need a native path.

This #NGO proposal leaves out different points of view, and it’s likely pointless as it achieves nothing, power is not given up without presser, this does nothing to address this. What is the idea to move away from the mess to something more positive?

NOTE we have had this same conversation meany times all ready

OK this “DoOcracy” plan has NOT been working for the last 5 years so with the #twittermigrateion I can’t see this improving, so to do nothing is #BLOCKING this should be obvious.

UPDATE: let’s look at “NOT been working for the last 5 years” means, we can talk about this maybe?

PS. that URL is a brain soup, can you translate it to something #KISS please, we will likely then find an existing idea dressed in #fahernista cloth, this would be #BLOCKING agen.

What is going to unblock this, ideas please? #OGB

Just had a long chat with one of the greybeards trying to restart the WC3 process for ActivityPub, he made a lot of sense.

UPDATE: I tried to take part in the W3C meeting and found out why people think it’s hopless, it’s formal consensuses, this is a path of ossification and #blocking so yes, the grassroots path is needed.

We likely need more feedback from the #WC3 graybeards on how this works, think they have a lot to say, and some grumpy wisdom we need to hear.

On the grassroots side we have this ongoing FediCamp which, defacto, is replacing the more official conferences.

I can have a go at a new mapping if you like in a few days, or feel free to clarify images by adding the different options.

Yes :slight_smile:

Initial development is roughly three quarters complete. There will be a fair bit of testing to do after development is complete, so at least another month or so.

3 Likes

Nice! As @how mentioned on the Meta forum we are willing to be early-bird testers of the functionality. This community like no other had to cope with so many people saying “Not decentralized, so not participating”.

5 Likes