Fediverse Marketing Group?

Now with the Meta Threads (talk about marketing and SEO… duh.) affair coming up, there’s something that can be done for ActivityPub in terms of… outreach (not to use the overloaded terms that constrains our thought to markets, where we’re talking about commons) — thank you @jackyalcine for this.

I will repeat myself. In this timespace of human history, it should be pretty obvious that markets are not going to solve issues brought up by climate change, brought up by markets. All right, I can hear in the back all the people claiming that we never had free markets and that’s why, and I could retort that we never had communism either. But the point is not in which ideology is better: the point in fact is that under our current brand of capitalism the world is going to shit. No profit-driven corporation, no lobby-driven government is going to help. Our only option at this point is the grassroots movements that have been playing inside the cracks of this bork system. The grassroots, as ActivityPub, were born from cooperation and compromise with the existing shitty situation towards a common goal: making it work for most people in the simplest and more respectful way possible. Why most and not all? Because there’s no universal technical solution to how people relate to the world. Simple as that. All in the previous sentence would entail an authoritarian regime, which is exactly what Fedizens dislike.

How is that about a marketing tune starter?

2 Likes