FEP-0391: Special collection proofs

cc @Claire @erincandescent @jenniferplusplus @dumspterqueer and i guess everyone else who was involved in the discussion for FEP-5624: FEP-5624: Per-object reply control policies

This FEP is mostly the synthesis of what was discussed there. The only thing missing currently is signalling properties, like whether the object/actor supports generating stamps, whether they automatically or manually grant stamps, hinting who might be approved ahead of time, and so on. I’m also considering whether or not to add explicit “stamp types” like ApproveReply, ApproveLike, and so on; it may or may not be appropriate, given that the current state of this FEP is focused more around verification and validation rather than “approval”. Nonetheless, the current mechanism for detecting a “stamp” is to check if it’s an Add activity and it’s attributedTo another activity. (It may be enough to simply check for attributedTo presence on the Add, or otherwise check if actor == attributedTo. I leave this up to implementers and to the discussion.)

Quick summary:

• When an activity that has a side effect of adding something to a special collection is received, you respond with an Add that is attributedTo the activity with the side effect.
  • When you receive an activity that is attributedTo one of your activities, you Update your activity to include the received activity as the result of your activity.
    • If your activity was a Create, then:
      • if the target of the stamp was context, then Update the object to add a contextProof.
      • if the target of the stamp was inReplyTo.replies, then Update the object to add an inReplyToProof.
1 Like