Please promote your SocialHub. It is important!

Welcome to SocialHub @RobertSE :wave:

In general I think having many decentralized and independent “hubs” dedicated to Fediverse evolution is a good thing. Though imho ideally these hubs should take time to position themselves in relation to what is already out there, so that:

• It doesn’t lead to fragmentation, duplicate work, reinvention of wheels and communities that compete with other communities to attract members.
  • Encourages collaboration on specific areas, but also subsequent cross-pollination, sharing of knowledge and results with other community hubs.

An example is Microblogging… Here we have a group of projects that evolve this application domain, write and maintain interoperability specs, etc. All these projects have direct incentive to be active for The Podcast Index as they reap direct benefit from that.

Yet at the same time it would be most effective if they interacted here in SocialHub and with the FEP process, for cases where they want to introduce extensions to ActivityPub that go beyond Podcasting and are universal to any federated app. I.e. core protocol issues.

Not very long ago I wrote a poll gauging interest for a scope restriction of SocialHub to the core protocol standards, see: POLL: SocialHub Scope and Purpose?

This is not my project :sweat_smile: The SocialHub has been the liaison of the W3C SocialCG for a number of years, and while the Community Group became less active, the SocialHub kept going. And now after The Muskening™ interest is growing to participate in the FEP process defined here, and we should keep that momentum going.

1 Like