SocialCG should consult SocialHub before appropriating tasks

I will conclude this for the part where it frustrated me personally. Initially I did not want to bring this up at all, but thought “Oh, this is how we do things now?”

There’s a proper sequence to things, and actions that look like a hostile fork ain’t that. I’ll assume there was a misunderstanding that led to the premature erection of the taskforce.

Other than that I want to thank @codenamedmitri! Your first urge was to apologize and then move forward to look for improvements. And then you doubled down on the apology seeing how things didn’t settle down. I gladly accept it, Dmitri :two_hearts: and must add that I admire your humble and honest approach, witnessed in multiple places.

Such attitude is exactly what is needed to evolve open standards and keep the peace in such a turbulent environment full of passionate people. Hallmarks of good custodianship. Thank you, Dmitri. :pray:

As for developer portals and follow-ups to the original initiative for activitypub.rocks…

It is great that there’s a taskforce with volunteers, where there weren’t volunteers before. I suggest the taskforces picks up the project that was started here, and uses this forum as their workspace to do so. Also I suggest that the portal code is hosted at codeberg where a repo was already created for it.

7 Likes