Applications of DIDs to Federated Social Media

Dmitri Zagidulin sent a reminder for an upcoming W3C CCG meeting about Applications of DIDs to Federated Social Media, tomorrow November 29th at noon CET. Dmitri added:

While we’re on the subject of DIDs, I highly recommend everyone to check out Fediverse Enhancement Protocol c390 “Identity Proofs” (fep/fep-c390.md at main - fep - Codeberg.org ) – it’s an interesting and reasonable proposal of how to use DIDs in the current ActivityPub-based Fediverse.

3 Likes

@codenamedmitri I gave you this post since you sent the original email :slight_smile:

1 Like

@how - thanks, really appreciate it! :slight_smile: Will you be joining the call?

I don’t think so. My current schedule is way too large already, and I would not bring much to the table. But I would love to read some follow up on this.

No prob, sounds good. (I’ll summarize on this thread afterwards, and link to the call notes).

1 Like

It’s best to summarize and/or copy-paste the notes in the first post.

1 Like

Hi there, I read through the transcript and made a summary of the meeting: Summary of W3C Credentials Community Group meeting of 2022 11 29 - the-fediverse - Codeberg.org

3 Likes

In the last section about identity linked to a (domain) name, I’m wondering whether they dismissed or forgot about Ariadne ID specification which is not tied to a domain but an OpenPGP key.

1 Like