Continuation of the meetings waitlist

I have followed-up on the earlier mention of the Fediverse Futures implementers group in my introductory topic on #fediversity:fediverse-futures: Fediverse Futures: Visions & dreams. Feedback wanted.

It did not get a lot of response, and no group was formed, but I’ve been steadfastly adding content, and inviting people (technologists and otherwise) with broader background to the SocialHub as described in About the Fediverse Futures category with “We need a more holistic approach to fedi development and evolution.”. I’ve also created a non-technical companion brainstorming space (dogfooding fedi apps): Fediverse Futures is now on Lemmy 😃

Though a dedicated group would be nice, it is not especially needed atm, especially since there’s so much other community work that needs attention. It can always be created at a later date.

Capability Negotation

I thought I wrote some feedback on this, but can’t find it now…

Spec conformance is meaningless if it does not take the semantics into account. Your as:Offer may be something else entirely than my as:Offer. Therefore I think @grishka’s Compliance Profiles would be essential to interpret that context. Didn’t see that in the meeting notes, so that may be discussed in a follow-up meeting, or a forum topic?

In addition to points mentioned I’ve been focusing on Organizing for SocialHub Community Empowerment to address the tons of community work that’s not done, and where people lack the time or incentives to do them

Am preparing a PoC website to accompany this, which’ll be at fedi.foundation with code at (not yet available):

Will follow-up on the empowerment topic in due time. If there’s no interest for this I’ll repurpose the site, or turn it into a personal initiative. Here’s a preliminary screenshot:

PS. “foundation” does not refer to ‘non-profit’, but to the ground both community and technology stands on.