Discussing Bonfire thread UX

I did a mockup of an imageboard-like thread UX adapted to the bonfire UI, and I like it pretty much, because it addresses some issues I had since some time.

Here a draft:

( In this mockup, I imagined a user in the process of replying to few comments, quoting them on the create activity form in the upper-left sidebar )

Things I like at a first glance:

• Consistency with the other pages layout (sidebar + main content)
  • The user has just 1 place to publish / reply to a discussion (the create activity form on the left sidebar), instead of showing multiple forms under each reply, this is quite great for accessibility.
  • The user can reply to multiple comments at once (mind-blowing XD )
  • Flat layout is easier to deal with, but at the same time users can navigate complexity and dig into nested threads (I think it can work well mixed with how @aschrijver was pointing out, about how discourse manages to show inline / nested replies in a flat UX

Here a draft of an expanded comment:

@swrup I’d appreciate your feedback, if I’m missing something relevant or getting something wrong :slight_smile:

Question:

• Do we introduce compatibility issues with the rest of federated platforms if we mention posts rather than users in our threads ? ( This should not be a blocker imo, but something to ponder )
1 Like