Looking for Volunteers: Organize a Fediverse training for EU representatives

Hmm, if I understand you correctly I think maybe you’re being a little unfair on 30,000 people here. Many people in the Institutions are there because they believe the EU is a positive thing, and they don’t just measure value in monetary terms.

The problem is that it’s a bureaucracy, so they’re spending taxpayers’ money, which they just cannot do without being able to justify it wrt their workprogramme (subject to democratic oversight) and with an open procurement process (subject to audit). It’s a royal pain in the neck, but the alternative is far far worse!

The good news is that this is a problem that any half-decent bureaucrat knows how to solve. If the people @aschrijver are talking about are keen to get some training, they can find an existing contract through which they can work.

And I think it’s worth insisting. If they go to the trouble of setting up a training contract, then that’s a sign that they are taking this seriously. If people here volunteer, it requires no commitment from them so there’s a good chance there won’t be any traction, and the trainers will be wasting their time. The argument needs to be made inside the EC that the fediverse is worth finding a small training budget for.