Meeting notes for prep call EC Webinar 19 April

Hello,
I’ve added an image with the EU countries flags and the fediverse symbol on it. I found it challenging to find a map of the fediverse which does not contain specific projects mentioned or clear suggestions of some. On the EU side, I found it challenging to find a proper map that does not contain UK. It’s eye opening to see how challenging things are to try to maintain a clear / unifying vision when multiple parties are involved - if it’s complex to find representative maps and things change so fast in the landscape. Feel free to let me know if you find something else which looks better.
I need to check better how to add some ideas from Mathew’s suggestions, so I will work on that tomorrow.
Thank you again for your all your help and please ping me if you need something on my side, since I am around for the weekend. :+1:

cc @aschrijver @j8ter I mention you so you see this message, since you’ve said you’re around as well regarding graphics / slides.

2 Likes

Yes, challenging. I also looked for a map for the announcement image and couldn’t find a proper one.

On the one hand I like the image, with the different country flags symbolism for United in Diversity, and fedi multi-color logo standing for the same concept.

On the other hand country flags also represent nationalism. United in Diversity would mean that the flags would be less important. And maybe it is possible to show how fedi can be ‘rolled out’ over the EU. I created a concept of this (started with a concept, but fiddled it to completion):

SVG original version, transparent, no border:

fediverse-and-the-eu

SVG white text for the presentation:

fediverse-and-the-eu_darkmode

PNG version (900 x 806), white background, black border:

Images used (either CC0 or MIT):

@CristinaDeLisle I don’t mind which image to use. You be the decider. I used the one above in an announcement toot. Because of the image dimension I incorporated the slide title.