For prep meetup Friday 9 April
- Add slide numbering, add slide chrome (AP logo)?
- Add title instead of “Webinar I”?
- Too much text on slides e.g. ‘Context and Purpose’ and ‘Overview’?
- Introductary section too many slides
Webinar I title (1 slide + context & purpose)
Overview & today’s agenda (1 slide)
Today’s Technology Landscape
- Centralization, Walled Gardens, Proprietary Platforms (1 slide, diagram)
- Big Tech Dominance, Corporate internet, Harms to Society (1 slide, bullet list)
- → We need openness, access for all, involve citizens (1 slide, direction / mission)
Activitypub and the Fediverse
- History and current state (1 slide)
- How we address the problems (1 slide, diagram)
- → Decentralization, free software, humane technology (1 slide)
- → Unique diverse culture that fosters healthy evolution ^^
What is ActivityPub?
- Communication concept (diagram, 1 slide)
- ‘Techstack’ of standards (1 slide, diagram, includes Purpose: Interoperability)
Use cases for Administrations
- General benefits (1 slide)
- News & Articles → Wordpress, Write.as (1 slide)
- Websites → CMS’es Drupal, Redaktor (1 slide)
- Microblogging → external (outside world), internal (informal ‘intrachat’) (1 slide)
- Events / RSVP’s → deployed within any institution, access control (1 slide)
- Video → all webinars, meetings, etc. accessible to the public (1 slide)
- Images → all official imagery, interconnected, easily navigable (1 slide)
Future, visionary ideas
- … (2 slides max, bullet lists)
Follow up to next meeting (1 slide)