NodeJS AP library

Hi folks, I’ve been working on a general NodeJS library for ActivityPub. It’s not ready for production but there is a basic example which just about works. I haven’t tested it federating with any real servers or other services yet, nor integrated it into any significantly sized project.

If anybody is willing to lend a hand, or just raise some issues about things like unclear documentation, I’d appreciate it.

2 Likes

Nice project @birdsofpraise !
I haven’t had time to post about this here, but I’m working on a project called SemApps, and we are also implementing an ActivityPub library in NodeJS. It’s based on microservices, using the Moleculer library. I don’t know if we will have the opportunity to work together but I guess it’s important to keep an eye on each others’ projects :wink:
The ActivityPub package is here: https://github.com/assemblee-virtuelle/semapps/tree/master/src/middleware/packages/activitypub

Also redaktor /me is working on a generic ActivityPub server …
It will take a while cause we want to support the complete C2S API with the S.
It is written in TypeScript and NestJS and Dojo help us.

I hope all of us NodeJS people will have the opportunity to work together in the future …

Great, sounds like there’s more activity in this area than I had previously thought! I will have to check out these projects