Problem: Network-level moderation of content on federated networks leads to fragmentation and lower total value for users

Hi @weex, I love the topic you started and just left a comment in the repo with some pointers to related discussion, and which I am now tempted to copy/paste here (to avoid framentation :wink: ).

I agree more with the thesis of @VictorVenema that there’s a value to bring Moderation more into the limelight: Make moderation a first-class citizen of the Fediverse and not something that happens on the fringes, out of sight of regular fedizens who use ‘free’ instances carelessly without giving thought to the work involved in upkeep.

There’s a brainstorm I started on Lemmy’s Fediverse Futures and related thread here:

There’s some great ideas in what you both are discussing above. In the ideation processes I’d like to help facilitate I imagine we keep track of all possibilities and elaborate those ideas that have most value, so that they can be taken to concrete specifications + implementations.

OT: @weex would you consider to join the Fedi Foundation initiative, instead of your own Feneas repo, to elaborate stuff? Together we are stronger and I created Fedi Foundation with the explicit purpose to be the guiding thread to SocialHub community activity. This repo can be on Fediverse Futures - Codeberg.org and be part of a solid community process. See also: Presenting Fedi Foundation: Empowerment for SocialHub community