Hi, I’m working on trying to implement ActivityPub for my first time. I am trying to get to the point where I can start using activitypub.academy to begin building out activities like Follow and Create, but I can’t get it to recognize my server.
Here’s what I’ve tried so far:
- Using webhook.site to make sure that my server responds to the request headers that Mastodon sends
- Moving my semi-bespoke JSON-LD to bovine to make sure that I’m not messing up the response
- Spent a lot of time in curl double-checking my Actor and Outbox to make sure they have the required fields and headers
Would anyone be willing to take a look at my implementation so far and tell me why I can’t find my profile on Mastodon/activitypub.academy?
- Webfinger: https://hotellink.fly.dev/.well-known/webfinger?resource=acct:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Actor: hotellink.fly.dev/@george/
- (Empty) Outbox: hotellink.fly.dev/user/george/outbox
(Omitting https:// because I am limited to 2 links in a post)
My understanding is that these 3 resources should be enough to show up when I search for https://hotellink.fly.dev/@george/ on Mastodon. Would anyone mind taking a look and letting me know what I’m missing?