Welcome Discourse to the Fediverse!

We’ve been waiting for it: now thanks to Angus McLeod and the #Pavilion team, as well as CDCK, Inc. the company behind #Discourse, the #SocialHub is now federated! You can follow @fediverse@socialhub.activitypub.rocks for general announcements, and @feps@socialhub.activitypub.rocks for Fediverse Enhancement Proposals.
:hugs:

Thank you all who pushed for Adding federation support to Discourse.

4 Likes

Original attempt at sending from Discourse to the Fediverse did not work:

We’ve been waiting for it: now thanks to Angus McLeod and the #Pavilion team, as well as CDCK, Inc. the company behind #Discourse, the #SocialHub is now federated! You can follow @fediverse@socialhub.activitypub.rocks for general announcements, and @feps@socialhub.activitypub.rocks for Fediverse Enhancement Proposals.
:hugs:

Thank you all who pushed for Adding federation support to Discourse.

So it was moved here and retried :wink:

3 Likes

hmmm, this post above should have appeared on my Mastodon feed by now…

1 Like

Let’s see if this time it appears on my timeline…

2 Likes

I can find this if specifically going to @fediverse group, which I followed. For me it says the msg is at:

https://social.coop/@fediverse@socialhub.activitypub.rocks/110470143150834100

Found! So, I tooted a reply. Some things do not work… clicking “Copy link to post” gives https://social.coop/@fediverse@socialhub.activitypub.rocks# and boosting is not possible.

2 Likes

The post is not public, this is why I cannot be found, cannot be boosted, and the link only appears to followers. I find it prudent to post privately at this point of the experiment.

Moreover, only the first post of the topic is sent to the Fediverse, which makes it easy to control who can post. In our case, this category will only let Staff post (which is why I used it), and the FEP category will only let standard.hosts and fep.hosts post to the Fediverse.

One more annoying issue lies with the [note]: it should be limited to 500 chararacters, but it was cut at the first comma.

2 Likes

how can one make it public? i.e., boostable?

1 Like