Where does everyone meet?

Hi there! I just stumbled across this when I was researching options for a federated digital identity for my company’s various metaverses (we host virtual events in Remo, Gather.town, Spot.xyz, SpatialChat, and a few other video-based, physical world simulation platforms.)

I am amazed by how many passionate people are here that it looks like are already working on what I’ve been dreaming up in my own little bubble/silo for about 3 years now.

Is this forum the best way to connect with the group or is there a mastadon / slack/ discord server?

4 Likes

Hi there, welcome Alex! Yes, this is a central spot where we discuss the technical ecosystem and evolution of the open standards that underly the Fediverse. But a lot of interaction and collaboration is also happening on the Fediverse itself, via the various microblogging apps, on Lemmy (FediverseFutures, Fediverse communities), a ton of Matrix chatrooms, as well as in the issue trackers of many of the projects (yes, it is all a bit dispersed and fragmented :blush: ).

SocialHub, however, is the place where your discussions and questions have long-time visibility and become part of an ‘archive’ of sorts.

4 Likes

For me SocialHub is some kind of fediverse homebase :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks!! Wanted to make sure I didn’t miss any of the action :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @lunchbreakhero - first post, nice to have you here.
We are formally organised in the W3C Social CG, see w3.org/community/SocialCG tracking Activity a bit or the SocialCG - W3C Wiki

We do also have monthly audio meetings. Sometimes each 2 weeks.
The next meeting is on Tuesday - the group made a voting for the weekday and decided to do “each 2nd TUE a month” …

It is announced in the first pinned post of this forum (or in the ‘Meeting’ category) and in the W3C groups calendar; see

We would like to have you in the TUE meeting.

Whoops! I missed this message in my inbox (a scary place). Is there some way to get notifications of future meetings?

1 Like

Yes, via the webcal: Calendar subscribe

I just made an unofficial Discord as well, since I use it daily for work purposes & would like to help in some way. Rerouting people from Bluesky’s Discord after someone routed them from this forum to there may be beneficial as well since they are being roped into Bluesky after having come here first. So here it is:

Hi @SacredTotems, thank you for taking care of people on Discord. I do not use proprietary software, so I would certainly not recommend people here to go there. But if you are already using Discord, helping people there come here is a good move. :slight_smile:

2 Likes