Meeting on Horizon Europe 2021: Opportunities and Funding

Follower counts on the official EU profiles don’t come near those on Twitter (esp. when looking at @EU_Commission), but the amount of organic and substantive interaction is quite good. For instance with only 7k followers the @EU_Commission had way more responses and boosts on the ChatControl legislation announcement than it had on Twitter where they have 1.7M followers. Plus on Twitter they are mostly troll responses.

Think best to create a separate topic for this, and also do a query on fediverse to see who might join. Wonder if you shouldn’t coordinate with some EU representatives. Maybe people from EDPS.

Hm, somehow sad. The Lead-Comedian of my broadcaster has similar counts on twitter but in fedi has 21k already after 12 posts, Jan joined later than EU Commission :slight_smile:
PS: The instances are named like Mainzelmännchen and new is det.social - det.social open to everyone.

I miss the times when the EU still had a momentum and made for example creative contests of all kind in Social Media. That engaged people. Not talking about total surveillance.

Hello,

Thanks for pinging me here, Arnold. I’ve noticed the new accounts from the EU administration and also that this is related to the presentations we did last year in April, in the context with their discussions held involving NL Net. I am not sure however who is in contact with them, but I assume it’s easy to find out by asking someone from NL Net.

As always, my personal preference is to work on something together and reach common agreement on how that work should look like. This is of course provided that it is indeed needed and welcomed from the part of the EU representatives running those instances. In lack of this need, it’s more offering help for someone who does not need it.

I will continue watching this thread and hoping to develop something together in the future.

As a spoiler alert, if everything goes well, I will become a mom in around end of July / middle of August, so things are pretty intense / exciting for me these days.

I wish you a nice evening ahead! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wow, I am very happy for you! Intense and exciting indeed :smiley:

Day before yesterday I created a separate thread for organizing the training. And here’s the latest status on it.

Thank you so much! I am checking out the thread :slight_smile:

1 Like