Things to be done before announcing the forum

That makes sense, but i’m not prepared to be the “public face” of Mastodon in that way here, and I don’t think I should be the topic owner. I’m not here in a public relations capacity, only in a federation and interoperability capacity. Please remove my name from the topic. (Although i’m happy to have the Mastodon icon and the Mastodon team badge).

Would you find another team member who would “own” that post? The idea is that your team handles it so that you can makes relevant changes whenever you like. In the meantime I’ll give it to the system user.

Please update the wiki and I can sort you out. I’d you want root you should send me an ed25519 public let for SSH (PM me)

I tried editing the wiki, but I got the error “you can only mention 10 users in a post”. I’d like to have root, admin and be on the contact email for bus-factor reasons, and to share the maintenance load. I’m also down to volunteer for the activitypub.hosts group, although the category description mentions a “ActivityPub SIG”, and I’ve never heard of that—i’d like to understand what it is before volunteering for it :smiley:

The groups page also has a SocialCG group but there’s no corresponding item in the Wiki—I’m happy to volunteer for that as well.

1 Like

@nightpool you’re now admin and owner of the contact group.

At APConf, in the community session, we discussed the relation between this forum, the SocialCG, and the W3C in general. People familiar with the W3C processes suggested that the correct term to use when referring to a group that is part of a larger Community Group would be called a Special Interest Group. The attention was to not hijack the SocialCG, while still provide a dedicated space for ActivtyPub-relevant conversation.

This is not a group, but the #meeting:socialcg category, dedicated to announcing the SocialCG meetings.

@thebaer: Since you have several software projects, would you like a single overarching group (e.g., write.as) or one per project? And would you like a single WriteFreely category, or also one for your other products?

I meant this group:

Since your original post said that groups with “system” should be populated. I’m fine either way though!

1 Like

Ack. So that’s actually the meeting.hosts group.

We still need some people to fill in roles in

• activitypub.hosts
  • community.hosts
  • software.hosts
  • well-being.team

Since software.hosts is kind of repetitive and simple, I can do it, but it would be much better if someone else would be able to do it. I can write a runbook for adding new software and teams.

@Sebastian could you ping Chris and Serge so they register and start the topic they’re supposed to bring about OCAP and Datashards?

Done.

fill in roles

How about pinging the people from https://socialhub.network/about ?

I added myself to activitypub.hosts and software.hosts, and I added @sebastian to meeting.hosts as per his request

1 Like

I think the way that sub-categories show up on that page with their own set of team members is kind of confusing—do you know if there’s a way to customize that? Went poking around in the discourse options and didn’t see one immediately

I guess the best is to report it to the Discourse team, describing what you would prefer, or create a plugin to fix it. Not sure how it works: it’s a rather new feature reheated to per category moderation groups.

Maybe it can be fixed with CSS in Customize…

A good number of them are already here. The others decided to split. I guess you could try to convince them, but I would rather let them come; at least I tried and failed before. @mxb is MIA, @dansup withdrew early on from s.n and never came back; maybe try to invite them here?

Welcome @tcit!

I gave you the first post in #software:mobilizon, please have a look at Creating a template for software implementation categories and the existing posts with #about tag in #software to give you an idea what to put there.

BTW if you have a favicon for Mobilizon to use as “avatar fair”, please pass it!

Invited dansup

1 Like

@maloki, would you like to post your blog somewhere?

You can simply paste the link to https://blogghoran.se/2019/09/23/activity-pub-its-all-connected/ in a new topic’s subject, then add a blurb in the body (but keep the link!) and change the subject field to reflect your article’s title. Otherwise someone else could refer to it. Maybe @Sebastian since you were organizing this. Maybe that’s a candidate for creating an APConf category… Whatever you think is best!

Welcome @yabirgb! I created a group and category for you #software:anfora. I did not set the right color not images because I’m on my mobile now. Will fix later. Check out messages advice for further guidance. Good to have you here.

Hi! I’m signed up at last.

I see there are a few topics for me to start in the TODO list; I will get to them sometime over the weekend.

2 Likes

Please follow up to Last Tasks Before Launch. I’ll take care of closing remaining tasks here.