Webinar with the European Commission and AP Community

It has been a very pleasant experience for me as well, Cristina. Thanks to you too!! The presentation was great, the discussion lively, and the feedback was all good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Chris, just wanted to let you know, I added some thoughts/suggestions to the Hedgedoc-texts (as speaker notes). Will revisit it this evening/tomorrow if I have any more. The points you drafted out are relevant and interesting I think, there was some talk on moderation, trust and security, the slide titles and notes reflect that I think (as well as provide insight into how ActivityPub is actually developed and where itā€™s going). Looking forward to it, is what Iā€™m saying with too many words :+1:

Hey thereā€¦

I thought the stuff added to the hedgedoc text was good. FYI Iā€™ll be actually presenting starting from a different document; I only have so much time left to prepare, and itā€™s easiest to build the best presentation I can using the software I usually use (Racketā€™s Slideshow, that way I can reuse useful components from previous talks quickly).

Iā€™m borrowing most of the structure from the HedgeDoc writeup, but I have a new title, building on a theme I think is appropriate for this talk: ā€œDecentralized Networked Communities as Essential Infrastructureā€

Here is the high-level outline, which you can see as fairly similar to the Hedgedoc one:

• Introduction
  • Social Centralization, Social Harm
  • Federation, Past and Present
  • The Future of Decentralization
  • Essential Infrastructure

The end then is where I think the EU/EC can collaborate with the fediverse on a direction that is healthy for countries and their citizens/residents, bringing it home in a way that is positive and actionable, I hope.

2 Likes

Works really well I think, because it both repeats themes fro the 1st gathering and introduces some technical depth as well. Logistically I will simply introduce the event, after which I give you the floor (and make you presenter, so you can share your screen). The room will be open an hour before (9 am CEST), if you want I can open it today as well for audio/video tests, whatever you like.

Opening it today for tests would be a good idea, I think.

Done, link here, will be there in and out (dinner now) ā†’ FediverseWebinars
@cwebber let me know if everyone works, I changed the room settings so you should enter as moderator enabling you to take presenter and try out screen sharing.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the nice 2nd part of this webinar series!
I will probably not join the hands-on workshop but just let us know on Fedi if you need live interactions from there I guess?

2 Likes

Please follow up to EC - NGI0 Liaison -- Webinars and Workshop April 2021.