About the Fediverse Enhancement Proposals

Fediverse Enhancement Proposals (FEP) index and discussion.

Introduction

Discussing an existing FEP

FEPs are maintained in the Codeberg Fediverse-Enhancement-Proposals repository.

To each FEP there, a local topic here is indexed below. Everyone can discuss FEPs here and propose changes in the repository.

Making a New Proposal

A FEP usually follows from a conversation. Once the conversation starts shaping up, it’s time to make a formal submission. Once the newly created FEP is available from the repository, a new topic is created in the #activitypub:fep category by @activitypub.hosts.

See How to create a FEP topic

Published FEPs

Once a FEP is FINAL, the draft tag is replaced by a final tag, and the FEP content can be pasted to the first post (retaining the original link to the repository) to be published. The published page will be available at, e.g., /pub/fep-a4edc7b-the-fediverse-enhancement-proposal-process, and can be referenced in documentation.

FEP Index

Meta

The FEP Process is a living document… :speech_balloon:

https://socialhub.activitypub.rocks/pub/fep-a4ed-the-fediverse-enhancement-proposal-process

Final

Accepted Fediverse Enhancements

Drafts

Currently under consideration

Withdrawn

No FEP has been withdrawn at this time.

3 Likes

The public FEP Index has been updated with the latest information – except WITHDRAWN information (see below).

It made me realize a few issues with the FEP repository.

@weex, @aschrijver, @Dodecahedron, @fr33domlover is this topic/page still used? Maybe find a way to keep a public page here in sync with the Codeberg repo?

Ah no, not that I know of. I didn’t even think of checking here. On all the other forums I’m at the About [Category] pages mostly serve to give a short description in the Category UI. Manual cross-ref of individual FEP’s is done and the topic link pasted into the TRACKING issues on Codeberg.