We run the bonfire weekly meeting each Tuesday @ 21.00 CET on the Bonfire Meetings matrix channel, you’re all welcome to join .
Hello community! Happy to be opening these weekly meetings up for more open participation
- Happy to have launched the website and received feedbacks / contributions, it helps keep our energy up!
- The whole codebase is not yet in a good shape to welcome contributors or easily onboarding new devs, but we’re working on it!
- Ready to test bonfire on several instances and get federation working
- Broken tests
- Thread UX
- Pointers (virtuals and edges)
- Build system
- Query libs
- GraphQL API
- Empty flavour Create an empty flavour that can be used as a base for building new applications that aren't like existing ones · Issue #106 · bonfire-networks/bonfire-app · GitHub
- Should contain pointers, bonfire_common, federate_activitypub. What about bonfire_me or social? Also a very simple extension that does one thing (with schema / contexts / UI)
- Boundary / ACLs Boundary / ACL improvements · Issue #114 · bonfire-networks/bonfire-app · GitHub
- Moderation Backend for admin to handle flags · Issue #112 · bonfire-networks/bonfire-app · GitHub
- Do we want to include it in our dogfooding release?
- Deletion Delete my account or user + data (BON-88) · Issue #79 · bonfire-networks/bonfire-app · GitHub
- Invites Backend for inviting people to join an instance · Issue #113 · bonfire-networks/bonfire-app · GitHub
- Boundaries in UI Boundaries in UI (ACL and Circles) · Issue #83 · bonfire-networks/bonfire-app · GitHub
- Query abstraction Better query abstraction · Issue #115 · bonfire-networks/bonfire-app · GitHub
- Improve Bonfire dev experience (Bonfire social · GitHub)
- We decided we’re gonna use bonfire-app issue tracker to keep track and update issues, as we do not bound ourselves too much to github ecosystem.
- Ultimately we want to coordinate bonfire development with our own kanban extension, eventually integrated with other federated tools.
- We will update the dogfooding milestone to include all the issues we want to prioritize for our first release
- We need to pay the website illustrations
- Find a way to test surface components in isolation
- Refine dogfooding milestone
- Finish queery lib
- Update contexts to use it
- Keep working on the GraphQL API
- Reach a consensus on a basic Thread UX/UI
FYI here’s the shared agenda/notes from today’s meeting (which happens weekly in https://matrix.to/#/#bonfire-networks:matrix.org):
A couple highlights:
- we received a “Culture of Solidarity” grant which will go into OpenCollective to fund a few milestones which we’ve started to draft: Milestones - bonfire-networks/bonfire-app · GitHub
- Regarding thread UX, we agreed to:
reply_toas a single field (in order to better interoperate with existing ActivityPub apps, and to optionally display a tree UI without repeated replies),
- to also add a one-to-many way to mention other posts so we can have either tree views, image-board style views, or various hybrid approaches