2019-11-23 SocialCG Meeting

Wiki page

What would people like to discuss?

Current Topics:

• Introductions
  • Evergreen Recs (followup if any after cwebber reached out to w3c staff)
  • socialhub.activitypub.rocks
    • How’s it going?
  • Github issue triage update
  • Litepub / SocialCG / SocialHub going forward
  • Next meeting scheduling
  • Introductions
  • Evergreen Recs (followup if any after cwebber reached out to w3c staff)
    • How’s it going?
  • Github issue triage update
  • Next meeting scheduling

This seems pretty meaty already :slight_smile:

If there’s any time, then under “How’s it going?” I would say that maybe a few topics from here could be elevated for needing spec clarification? e.g. Unresolved issues surrounding Follow activities needing some discussion around whether the AP spec should be extended to allow Follow on non-Actor types, and how such behavior should be defined; or Signaling side effects asynchronously by generalizing Accept/Reject needing some more specific language than “side effects are determined by the type of the object received”, especially when the side effects were processed on a remote server instead of yours.

@trwnh a lot of those were carried over from last meeting, so they might not all still need to be discussed.

I can try and make progress on Github issue triage before next week—there was a bug in the original github import, and it was done in a way that made a lot of noise for subscribers.

• How’s it going?

Is there anything in particular the group would like a status update on here?

I think we resolved this topic last meeting—good to remove it? Otherwise, is there anything actionable to discuss here?