I’ve pushed an initial Git repository: https://codeberg.org/pukkamustard/fep
Very happy for feedback and comments.
Specific things that are missing and I am looking for input:
Where should the FEP repository be hosted?
Would it make sense to have a category for FEPs?
Currently FEP is just a Git repository of MarkDown files. I think this is good as it keeps required technology to a minimum.
It would be nice to have a nice interface (web site) for the FEPs. A simple static site generator make pretty HTMLs. There can be multiple websites that provide a pretty interface.
There are some additional meta-data that can be nicely displayed (see next point on Front Matter): related FEPs,
There is some required meta data that may be included in the Markdown file as such:
- authors: qfwfq <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- status: DRAFT
- receivedDate: 1970-01-01 # date when proposal became a DRAFT
- finalizedDate: ... # date when proposal becomes FINAL
- withdrawnDate: ... # date when proposal was withdrawn
- relatedFEPs: FEP-abcdef, FEP-abcads
- updatesFEPs: FEP-accdad
- errataOfFEPs: FEP-adfsaf
# FEP-011231: How to post a picture of your cat on the Fediverse
The two questions are: